compiling NAMD w. infiniband

From: Irene Newhouse (einew_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 16:21:37 CDT

I'm trying to compile NAMD on a system with minimal tech support on which I do not have root access, so it has to reside in my home dir. The system is "a Dell PowerEdge 1955 blade server cluster, 3.0 GHz, with 4 cores per node.

The nodes are connected via Cisco SDR Infiniband, running at 10Gbits/sec (peak), with a shared working disk space available through Lustre parallel filesystem".

 I have been having trouble figuring out how to incorporate the ibverbs option into the build command, & settled on

./build mpi -linux -ibverbs

A directory mpi-linux-x86_64-mpicxx was duly built. When I go down several levels into megatest, build pgm & try to run, I get a whole series of error messages, of which the first is
"WARNING: there was an error initializing an OpenFabrics device" I suspect that may be the source of all the other error messages.

What should I do now?

Thanks!

Irene Newhouse