Re: new NAMD user ABF setup question

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Sat May 29 2010 - 05:06:50 CDT

Hi Elio,

My guess is that a COM-COM distance will not work well for
peptide/protein binding for any other method than irreversible
unbinding by SMD (which will not give you binding free energies except
on a qualitative level for comparison purposes).

In general, binding free energies are best calculated by alchemical
means (see the alchemical free energy tutorials).

Jerome