Re: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!

From: Philip Peartree (p.peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 17:56:17 CDT

I've calculated the density by counting the number of water molecules in my
solvation box and doing the usual maths I get a density of around 0.79
g/cm3, which I know is wildly out. My main confusions are:

a) I made the waterbox using vmd's solvate plugin, using molecule
dimensions, boundary of 2.4 and a padding of 12 angstoms all round... are
these settings incorrect? I also left crystal waters in the original psf,
could this have thrown the solvate plugin out?

b) My volume seems to have pretty much stablised and my gpressave is
oscillating around 1 bar (where it is set). Shouldn't the box be getting
smaller to increase density and shouldn't the pressure be too low if the
density is too low as well?

Appologies for the constant questions, I have done quite a few namd
simulations, and I've never experienced this before, or at least not this
difficult to get rid off!!

Philip

On 6 April 2010 22:19, Philip Peartree <p.peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk