Re: vmd-l: water molecules around proteins

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2010 - 11:49:50 CST

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 12:40 -0500, Florentina Tofoleanu wrote:
> Thank you Axel for your answer. I added that line,
>
> pbc wrap -molid $mol -compound res -centersel $refA -first $frame
> -last $frame
>
> but I get this error:
>
> -error Suspicious pbc side length (a=0.000000 b=0.000000 c=0.000000).
> Have you forgotten to set the pbc parameters?
> domain error: argument not in valid range

this means, that one of more frames of your .dcd file have
no information about the size of your simulation cell.
btw, this would also cause problems in the case of using
a selection containing "pbwithin".

check out the pbctools plugin documentation on how to
print, read, and apply cell size information using pbctools.

cheers,
    axel.