Re: Is two colvars file output possible during single simulation (ABF/2.7b)

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.yu)
Date: Sat Feb 20 2010 - 08:58:04 CST

Hi Giacomo,

First sorry for unclear question. I use two colvars to obtain "free
energy surface" (PMF), but my unclear question was could I obtain "one
dimensional PMF" for the one of two colvars used for calculation of
"free energy surface".
Briefly, one of colvars is distance between the certain atom groups, the
other is radius of gyration of some other atoms. After the finishing of
MD simulation I have count and grad files, which I subsequently
processed with abf integrate,than obtain <file>.grad.pmf and make the
plot with GNU plot. So question was, can I obtain simultaneously (in
same MD run) also PMF output only for distance (colvar).
But your answer is very clear. Also I am strongly decide to use ABF in
subsequent calculations, at least for outgoing project. :-) .

Sincerely

Branko