Re: The accuracy of FEP calculation

From: chengh_at_ringo.chem.pitt.edu
Date: Thu Feb 11 2010 - 11:51:54 CST

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. Regarding the positional restraints, can I
just use "constraints on" and put 1Kcal/mol to restrain the ion? If I am
only interested in the different solvation energy in the water and
protein, restraining the ion in both water and protein might cancel the
entrop effects. Right?

Thanks again,

Mary