Re: Tcl Forces error

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 16:19:53 CST

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 21:00 -0500, Brittany Morgan wrote:
> Hi all,

hi brittany,

> I get the following error when trying to run the Tcl script for a
> dihedral angle harmonic restraint found in the NAMD user guide (at the
> end of the Tcl Forces and Analysis section).
>
> TCL: parameter value too long
> FATAL ERROR: parameter value too long
> while executing
> "tclForcesScript {

here is the important hint. the (tcl) code that is about to be
executed starts with tclForcesScript this should not be.

> Since I am running the Tcl script exactly as found in the user guide,

this is your mistake. never copy stuff without thinking.

> I think that I must be calling it incorrectly. Do these parameters
> have to be located in a particular place in the configuration file
> (besides before the minimize or run statement), or am I missing
> something?

you have not read the documentation well enough. the example shows
the "{script}" variant, but you are using the "file" variant.

what you are calling is effectively:
tclForcesScript tclForcesScript { ... }

which cannot work and explains the error message.
please re-read the docs and edit your script file
accordingly.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology