Interaction potentials W-S

From: Evgeniya Volkova (eaxev_at_nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2010 - 08:13:40 CST

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am a new postgraduate student in Polymer Research Group at the University of Nottingham. I am working on modelling multi-phase ceramic/metal nanocomposites under shock-loading. Nanocomposites consist of nanoparticles of ceramics, Inorganic Fullerenes WS2 (Tungsten(IV) sulphide) like nanoparticles and Aluminium alloy as a matrix.

I have got two questions. Could you, please, help me with it?

The first one is that I have to obtain interaction potentials W-S (Tungsten-Sulfur), W-W, S-S for modelling my nanocomposite. Could you, please, advise me how I can obtain these potentials for inorganic structure?

The second one is:
After I will get interaction potentials how I can obtain mechanical properties of inorganic fullerene WS2 (Young's modulus, Poisson ratio).

Yours faithfully,
Evgeniya Volkova
-------
Polymer Composites Research Group
Room B02
ITRC Building
Division of Materials, Mechanics and Structures
Faculty of Engineering
University Park
The University of Nottingham
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.