unable to open binary file

From: Kwee Hong (joyssstan0202_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2010 - 09:00:10 CDT

Hi.

I had my system run at a single workstation for 1ns and it completed
successfully. Then I extend the simulation to 5ns using a 14 nodes cluster.

And half way through the simulation, I got this error:

*WRITING COORDINATES TO DCD FILE AT STEP 1605500
WRITING COORDINATES TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 1605500
ERROR: Error on renaming file 2mrt_md_extend.restart.coor to
2mrt_md_extend.restart.coor.old: Invalid cross-device link
FATAL ERROR: Unable to open binary file 2mrt_md_extend.restart.coor: File
exists
------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: Unable to open binary file 2mrt_md_extend.restart.coor:
File exists*

After reading the mailing list, I realised it might be caused by NAMD is
computer architecture dependent. May I know is there a way to solve it? Or I
would need to rerun the whole 5ns simulation on the cluster?

Thanks.

Regards,
Joyce