Re: membrane tutorial.

From: Francesco Oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 03:24:58 CDT

Hi Swarna,
you need to push water to avoid the presence of water molecules within
the membrane.

Hi solved the problem without pushing water. I removed the waters
molecules with the following vmd command:

[atomselect top "not (same residue (z>10 and z <-10))"] writepsf memb.psf
[atomselect top "not (same residue (z>10 and z <-10))"] writepdb memb.pdb

In this way I've selected the water into the membrane basing on their z
position and saved a file without them.