Re: 1us simulation of 80k atom system -- how much gross structure movement is expected?

From: Andrew Emerson (a.emerson_at_cineca.it)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 05:09:05 CDT

Dear Ian

I have also done a 1 microsec simulation and the protein moves quite a
lot , so much in fact that the unprocessed dcd doesnt make a good movie.
Given the timescale I think this behaviour is reasonable, well anyway my
biochemist collaborators arent too worried.

BTW, for RMSD and cluster calculations you might find analysis programs
such as carma or wordom useful. I found carma particularly convenient
also for removing the centre of mass motion and solvent from the
original dcd for inputting into VMD to create a usable animation, for
example.

best wishes
Andy Emerson

--