Re: Possible way of performing a temperature gradient??

From: Patrick Yee (pyee_at_nd.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 07:26:45 CDT

Ranyere,

If you need a temperature gradient, one possible idea would be to use
langevin dynamics to set one temperature on a fixed surface in a group
of atoms in one physical location and have another a different
temperature on a fixed surface in another group of atoms. A natural
gradient would be created between them. You would have to look at
issues with periodicity in this case.

This idea is fairly specific and would probably only work in a few
temperature gradient cases. What sort of simulation are you trying to
perform and why do you want a temperature gradient?

Pat

--
Pat Yee - ChEg 2011
Vice President of Am. Inst. of Chemical Engineers at ND