requirements for running the precompiled Linux-x86_64-ibverbs

From: Guanglei Cui (amber.mail.archive_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2010 - 08:49:26 CDT

Dear NAMD community,

I've been searching up and down to find the requirements to run the
precompiled ibverbs binary (2.7b2). The machines are multi- multicore
boxes, supposedly with infiniband connections between the physical
chips. The OS installation is either RHEL 4 (Nahant update 7) or CenOS
5.4 (final). Currently, I'm getting the error, "Socket closed before
recv". I have two questions. First, would I benefit from using the
ibverbs binary? Second, do I need to install additional libraries in
order to use it, for example, OFED?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Guanglei Cui