Re: installation of namd without tcl and fftw

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 07:51:53 CDT

Hi Ipsita,

Not having Tcl support will limit what you can do with the config
script. You can set only one parameter per line (without semicolon at
the end of the line). The error message also tells you that some
commands (e.g. "run") are not available. You can only request one
minimization, OR one MD run, with a single temperature, pressure
(etc.) setting. So yes, life is easier with Tcl enabled.

Jerome

PS: note to anyone with CVS commit rights who happens to be reading -
can you please commit the following:

RCS file: /namd/cvsroot/namd2/src/ParseOptions.C,v
retrieving revision 1.1022
diff -r1.1022 ParseOptions.C
841c841
< << "configuation file but were not needed" << "\n" << endi;

---