Re: colvar for PMF calculation

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 05:13:48 CDT

Hello Navendu,

Technically, the colvars in NAMD allow you to do this (using the
keyword outputAppliedForce). A warning, though: trying this using an
atomistic model would be much too complex and expensive to sample
properly. So my advice is to do it using a coarse-grained model (you
probably don't care about atomic detail anyway).

Best,
Jerome