file writing stopped

From: francesco oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 03:34:59 CDT

Dear NAMD users,
I'm running 2 simulations of 10ns on 2 different intel quad core PC with
Ubuntu 9.10 4GB RAM each one, using binary cuda version (CVS 2010-03-26)
with 2cpu on a "GeForce GTS 250" . The folder containing namd is hosted on a
server and the 2 pc access to it through NFS.

I'm experiencing a strange behaviour: though namd seems to run (how
displayed by top command) after a random number of steps, no data are
written to disk.

I've started the simulations 10 days ago and both are still running (
though should be finished this night) , but the first displayed the problem
after 1day (around 900000 steps) while the second displayed the problem this
morning after 4858000 steps.

I observed that Xorg use 100% of a CPU, but killing it doesn't solve the
problem; the first simulations shows the problem more often that the second.