Re: AW: update: segmentation faults with AMBER topology and RAMD tcl scripts

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_h-its.org)
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 03:02:25 CST

Hi Francesco,

"Works fine" means RAMD works as well or only standard simulations work ?
Assuming RAMD works as well with your new compilation .................

The error with the if statements clearly comes from tcl8.3 ... I could
reproduce it here after I installed tcl8.3.5 and compiled namd against
it... It does not appear with tcl 8.4.19. I am also very confused. I do
not understand why these completely trivial if statements create
problems in tcl8.3. It looks as if it has something to do with the "eq"
operand ...

Unfortunately I am not able to compile NAMD with tcl8.5. The compilation
seem to work fine but then NAMD exits with segmentation faults and this
independent of tcl forces being on of off and independent of the NAMD
version ( I tried the CVS code from august last year and from
yesterday). I don't know what is wrong, but at the moment I cannot test
with tcl8.5 .

In a separate email, I'll send you the version I modified to be
compatible with tcl8.3. It would be nice if you could try it with your
old compilations of NAMD (the ones you used before and got the syntax
error )

Thanks for the help with testing ...

Vlad