Re: RAMD scripts and tcl version

From: George Madalin Giambasu (giambasu_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 09:52:30 CST

To further confirm the problem regarding the segfault when using amber
generated topologies with namd2.7b2 or later, I just wanted to say that
I made a test on a cray xt5 and the behavior is the same. Whatever I
reported yesterday were tests made on Intel/Linux machines at MSI.

If anyone on the developers side can give us any suggestion, I'll be
happy to make the tests right away.

All the best,

George

Balazs Jojart wrote:
> Dear Vlad,
> Yes I'm going to test the newest CVS code, and as I'm ready I'm going
> to report the results.
> Balazs
>
> Vlad Cojocaru wrote:
>> Dear Balazs, Dear all,
>>
>> Is that true that the namd2.7b2 always gives segmentation faults with
>> AMBER topology files ?
>> Is this the case with the newest CVS code as well ?
>>
>> I am running here the CVS code from 13.08.2009 compiled with
>> tcl8.4.19 and I do not see any of the problems reported ...
>>
>> Unfortunately, I do not have much time to test everything now ...
>>
>> Balazs, if you manage to test with the newest CVS code, would you
>> please let me know if you get rid of the segmentation faults ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vlad
>>
>> Balazs Jojart wrote:
>>> Dear Vlad, Francesco and Giacomo,
>>> I faced to the same problem, and as Vlad suggested we compiled the
>>> namd source code against tcl8.5, and we didn't obtained the ("FATAL
>>> ERROR: syntax error in expression " $mdSteps == 0 && $mdStart eq
>>> "yes" " ) errors.
>>> Unfortunatelly, the simulation stop with Segmentation Fault error
>>> message, and it was reported previously by others, that there is
>>> problems with the amber parm7/rst file using the namd2.7beta2 source
>>> code. It means, that we have to use the CVS code?
>>> Thank you for youer help in advance!
>>> Balazs

George Madalin Giambasu                        PhD Student
University of Minnesota                        Phone : (612) 625-6317
Department of Chemistry                        Fax   : (612) 626-7541
207 Pleasant St. SE                            e-mail:
Minneapolis, MN USA 55455-0431                 GeorgeMGiambasu_at_umn.edu
York Research Group                            giambasu_at_gmail.com
http://theory.chem.umn.edu/~giambasu