Re: protein unfolding

From: Pu Tian (tianpu_at_mail.nih.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 09:19:16 CST

Hi Jose,
How long did you try your simulations? It may take quite some nano
seconds before you see a thermally stable protein to unfold even at
600K. Why not try a higher temperature, say 1000K? It also important
to state what do you want to get from these unfolding simulations, if
what you want is a real unfolding temperature, for an average sized
protein, you will not get it within reasonable time from straight
forward MD simulations as it takes too much computer time.

Best of luck.

Pu