Re: NAMD on linux

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 11:25:00 CST

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 09:55 -0700, Lixia Jin Day wrote:
> I downloaded and uncompressed pre-compiled package NAMD2.7b2.
> Do I need to do anything before using the program? I think it was just

impossible to say without more detailed information.
linux systems are far more diverse than windows.
do you get any error messages on the VMD console?
does it run outside of VMD/IMD?

> ready to use when I downloaded on the Windows machine. But now I tried
> to run IMD from VMD, I gave the path of NAMD as I did on windows, it
> just couldn't connected.

does it fail at the getting connected state?
is there an error message? do you have a firewall
configured, that blocks connections?

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology