suitable motherboards for both graphical visualization and NAMD-CUDA computation?

From: Lela Vukovic (lvukov1_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 14:56:45 CST

Hello,

We would like to purchase a machine where we could do NAMD-CUDA
computation and fast graphical visualization simultaneously.
In particular, we want to use the ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard in
this hybrid mode. We have seen that a different motherboard, ASUS
P7P55 WS Supercomputer motherboard, seems to support this hybrid mode,
where we assume that the first card is for visualization and the
others (up to 3) for CUDA calculations. My question is whether we can
have the hybrid option on the above P6X58D Premium motherboard too.

We would like to know whether ASUS P6X58D can be used for both
CUDA-computation and visualization simultaneously. Any other
suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Thank you,
Lela