Re: Number of MC steps in ABF integrate gives entirely diferent surfaces

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.yu)
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 05:30:42 CST

Jerome,

Thank you very much for useful advices. First, excellent young physicist
from our institute of physics recompile source for win, but we have some
problems, i.e. if one give only name of grad file (with extension) and
put both .count and .grad file in same directory program works and
use default parameters and obtain results. But, if one try to specify
parameters program do not work. I believe that his solve this within few
days and send him your attached CVS to work on this version.
Linux version recompiles my colleague and friend skilled in programming
in Italy (author of VegaZZ) and repeat calculation for comparison. In
any way he also must recompile is from source code. Also it is confuse
me a bit when I see in console that data on PBC do not exist (0,0),
while simulation where performed with PBC. When fully functional version
will be finished, I strongly recommended to our physicist to put this
information on namd-l, and with your consent, i believe that his
contribution could be included in some of future NAMD releases. So far
2 colvars will by sufficient for my purposes, if you have a time
please check backward mails from my e-mail addresses, I send some longer
mail with asking for some advices, but do not post this on NAMD list,
because problem is not of general interest.

Thank you very much again

Branko