Re: ABF questions

From: Austin B. Yongye (ybausty_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 11:45:51 CST

Thanks Dr. Henin.
When the simulation started, that reaction coordinate was ~ 4.5 Angs. With the ABF force, the RC was mostly trapped at 2.1 Angs. Given that the barrier is so high, why did the ABF move the RC to this distance? Probably an obvious question, but not sure.

My aim for this simulation is to get the approach trajectories for a nucleophilic addition at various sites on a molecule, and then determine which pathways are preferred.

Austin-