Re: temperature calculations from velocities in NAMD?

From: Sebastian Stolzenberg (s.stolzenberg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 07 2009 - 20:13:55 CST

.. Apologies, just saw the NAMD note on SHAKE *angles* for water.

I assume now that the SHAKE algorithm imposes restraints on all the IC
coordinates involving the particular hydrogen to be constrained.

Then, what if I have a hydrogen attached to a backbone nitrogen? What
about hydrogens attached to carbons along the side chains?
I am worried to have to deal with dihedral constraints to determine
n_DOF..... although the original SHAKE paper by RYCKAERT JCP 1977 does
not mention dihedrals...

Thanks a bunch,
Sebastian