Re: How to apply an unsteady magnetic field?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 15:40:32 CDT

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM, fereshteh moradi <f78moradi_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear NAMD users,
>
> I do simulate a carbon nanotube immersed in some ionic water moving by a
> distinct velocity. I want that fluid feels an unsteady magnetic field (B)
> (it will vary at different distances). This is because of applying a bias at
> CNT ends which produces an electrical current in nanotube.  I was thinking
> about  using NAMD grid forces but it seems to be useful only for constant
> fields.
> Any hints about this subject will be praiseworthy.

have you thought about what kind of effect a magnetic field has on particles?
i assume you are aware of the differences between an electrostatic and
a magnetic field, if not, please have a look at physics text book on
the subject.

you will have to do some (serious?) programming to get this working.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology