Re: Generation of average trajectory

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 10:40:08 CDT

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 19:54 +0530, Monika Sharma wrote:

hi monika,

> And also if I can use this average trajectory for further PCA
> analysis, will
> it be meaningful?

if you want to do a PCA, you can just concatenate the individual
trajectories and analyze them together. PCA does not consider
any time correlation, so having only "pieces" of trajectories
should be just fine, for as long as you can define a good reference
state, but that is a generic problem of PCA, and not an issue
of combining different trajectories of the same system.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology