Re: restraining the COM of a group of atoms

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 10 2009 - 01:21:25 CDT

Hi, indeed it's fairly easy with the collective variables module. You
can define a "distance" colvar, where "group1" are the atoms of
interest, and "group2" can be another group of atoms, or a dummy atom
(keyword: dummyAtom) centered on the point of interest.

The restraint can be applied in two ways: either by defining an
upperWall to the colvar that can kicks in after a certain distance
(including 0), or applying an harmonic bias centered in 0. The
distance from the point of interest will be forced back to lower
values, restraining the center of mass of the protein near there.

Giacomo

---- ----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science
     Temple University
     1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
 work phone: (+1)-215-204-4216
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com
---- ----