Re: Changing the atomtype of a particle on the fly

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 14:57:43 CDT

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 11:50 -0700, BIN ZHANG wrote:

> So you mean if I include the following loop in the PBS script:
> for (( i = 0; i<=100; i++ ))
> do
> namd2 namd_input_$i
> done
> , then the jobs will simply run one by one?

yes. of course. why not?

pbs has absolutely no idea about what you are doing.
it just reserves a number of nodes or rather slots
and executes the script you give it on the head node/slot
and waits until the script is done to release the
reserved resources. there is no magic there.

if you reserve multiple nodes to be used with MPI,
you can even submit different parallel jobs on subsets
of the reserved block of nodes/slots by backgrounding
them and then put just a "wait" into the script to
wait for all of them to finish so that the script
only terminates if all of them are done.

cheers,
   axel.