Re: Equilibration "substraction" from obtained PMF from MD

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 16:01:01 CDT

Hi Branko,
I am just catching up now on my backlog of NAMD-l messages...

Yes, you can subtract data from the PMF. You have to do it at the
gradient level, using the ".grad" and ".count" files which give you
the gradient and number of samples in each case. If the final gradient
and number of samples are dAf and Nf, and the ones at the end of the
equilibration period are dAe and Ne, then what you want is:
dA = (Nf dAf - Ne dAe) / (Nf - Ne)

Once you have the new gradient dA, just integrate it numerically to
obtain the PMF.

Best,
Jerome