Re: namd27: tclforces activate TI calculation by default

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 10:16:12 CDT

Hi Jim, Hi Chris, namd users,

Just to let you know, my tcl scripts work now fine with the namd
compiled today from cvs . No unpredictable initialization of the
alchemical module occurs ...

Thanks and best wishes
Vlad

Jim Phillips wrote:

> The variable to turn on TI was uninitialized when alchemy was not on,
> so it was probably starting out non-zero in some unpredictable set of
> cases. I haven't actually reproduced the problem, but it should be
> fixed now. Please test tomorrow after the nightly build and cvs update.
>
> Thanks for reporting this.
>
> -Jim
>

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Brian J. Bennion wrote:
>
>> Hello All
>> This same error or a similar one occurs if you request a number of
>> cpus at least as great as 2048.
>> TI automagically pops on and dies because there are no other
>> parameters to support is operation.
>> I was just using the apoa1 benchmarck compound to test my namd2.7b
>> from cvs July 24th 11:50am.
>>

>> Brian

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533202
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org