Re: symmetric behavior

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 09:49:10 CDT

WIthout knowing anything about the specific system you are talking
about, I would say the "similarity" between the subunits depends on
several things, foremost among them, how you define "similarity". The
second issue you might consider, is if this homopentamer is quite
large (and even if it isn't) then you could run into a timescale
issue. Depending on how you defined your metric of similarity, even if
on average the subunits should all behave in the same way, correlation
times longer than the time of the simulation might make them appear to
behave differently.

Could you post some information (Authors,Year,Journal) for the
articles that you were referring to?

Josh