Re: On naming rules in force-field parameter files?

From: Ramya Gamini (ramyabhargavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 09:07:12 CDT

Hi !
Yes, you can use wildcards. However, in CHARMM, the wildcard notation to be
used is not an asterik '*', but, the letter X (note the Caps).

Also, if you have all of them same and only of them (for eg: Au_2 Au_3 Au_5
to be different), then you would mention it as the following:

For instance:

Au_X Au_X Au_X 2.5 180
Au_2 Au_3 Au_5 2.5 120

In effect you would see, Au_2 Au_3 Au_5 2.5 120.

However, if you have the lines interchanged,
Au_2 Au_3 Au_5 2.5 120
Au_X Au_X Au_X 2.5 180

then, Au_2 Au_3 Au_5 will be set to :
Au_2 Au_3 Au_5 2.5 180