Re: frozen water Oxygens

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 09:01:24 CDT

I'm assuming you're using TIP3P waters .... per the original Jorgensen paper
the H's of TIP3P are fixed .... ie, in the TIP3P model they are not designed
to move except through rotations or translations of molecular water. This
is one reason the command
"rigidbonds water" exists. Further, since hydrogen atoms may behave quantum
mechanically at room temperature, which MD by itself cannot model, it's not
clear if you are trying to model something or just trying to minimize the
hydrogen positions of your system .... can you clarify?

Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 217-244-1733