Re: compilation error "could not set locale" with intel 11.0

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 - 03:35:12 CDT

Just to add more info ... (as I don't know whether this is not a
machine-dependent problem)
   I am compiling on 64 bits Opterons with inifiniband , linking against
mvapich2. OS = Debian Lenny

vlad

Vlad Cojocaru wrote:
> Dear Namd users, developers,
>
> I thought of reporting this. The compilation of the CVS code of NAMD
> (31.07.2009) fails with the intel compiler version 11.0 . The error is:
> "Catastrophic error: could not set locale "" to allow processing of
> multibyte characters".
>
> This problem did not appear with intel 10.1.015 version ...
>
> The problem is solved only if the following env var are set before
> running make.. Both of them are needed (setting only LANG to C does
> not solve the issue)
> export LANG=C
> export LC_ALL=C
>
> Best wishes
> Vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533202
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org