Re: on NAMD simulation of DNA translocation through nanopores

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 19 2009 - 11:24:06 CDT

On Sun, 2009-07-19 at 20:27 +0800, yuhuihe_at_ime.pku.edu.cn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newcomer in this field. Right now I am trying to simulate

hi,

newcomer to MD at all? newcomer to NAMD? or newcomer to the
kind of system that you want to do?

> the translocation of single-strand DNA through a gold nanopore under
> applied electrical fields.
> Below is the procedure I scheduled. Can you please have a look and
> make comments?
>
> 1) prepare DNA coordinate file (pdb) with NAMOT.

1a) neutralize, solvate, equilibrate and test just this single
stranded DNA first (and use a not too long one for efficiency
reasons). before undertaking any larger calculations of compound
materials, you should first make sure that you know how to handle
the individual components well.

> 2) prepare coordinate file of gold nanopore under Materials studio
> GUI, and save it as a pdb file.

don't even consider to go here or further, until you are done with 1a).
if you move on, you'll be putting yourself into a lot of trouble, as
your project seems very ambitious.

cheers,
    axel.