Re: Bad global exclusion count

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 09:54:50 CDT

Yogesh,

Two general, but not foolproof, approaches to resolving this problem
include:

1) increasing your cutoff and restarting (not "redo-ing") the simulation.
This is actually more of a "post-injury bandage" than cure for the
underlying issue that caused the problem and assumes whatever caused the
problem is over and will not continue or recur.

2) Decrease the output frequency of your dcd output to 10 or even 1 and redo
the simulation. When it crashes the output may dump some atom indices that
are exceeding velocities limits. Visualize the trajectory with VMD and
locate these atom's by creating a new rep (selection: serial "atom indices
from NAMD" ) using VDW. If no atom indices are dumped by NAMD, you will
still need to visualize the system with VMD to determine if your system is
exploding, imploding, has atoms or residues rapidly deviated from expected
behavior, etc.

Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 217-244-1733