Re: Re: namd2.7b1 slower with openmpi 1.3.2 than namd2.6 withopenmpi 1.2.6

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 05 2009 - 11:38:37 CDT

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 10:17 +0800, liupeng012 wrote:

> Dear alex:
> yes! i use the command: ompi_info -a, check the setting of opneib.
>
> there is a plenty of parameter.
>
> which one is significant ?

hard to say in an e-mail. the basic answer is:
it depends. it is best to check with the openmpi
folks and their documentation for details.

on our machine setting btl_openib_use_srq to 1
was helping. there are several others that are
not part of the openib module, but related, like
mpi_paffinity_alone (which requires compilation
with libnuma support), or coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules
which reads in yet another file and allows to
tweak at which message size which collective
algorithm will be used.

the only way to find out, is to do systematic tests
and benchmarks with realistic inputs and job sizes.

cheers,
   axel.