Re: launch NAMD from tcl script - bug?

From: Floris Buelens (floris_buelens_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 10:54:24 CDT

Thanks but no good I'm afraid... turns out there's only a problem when running with charmrun, everything works as I'd expect when running standalone.
I don't know if anyone else will care about this but it looks like a bug... with these TCL commands:

run 0
[exec ~/namd2]

.. I get the expected behaviour ("No simulation config file specified") with namd standalone, but with [~/charmrun ++local +p1 ~/namd2 conffile.conf] it doesn't get that far. I've tried with v2.6 and 2.7. On an x86_64 system (with release binaries of 2.7 and my builds of 2.6 and 2.7) I get "error reading output from command: interrupted system call". On 32-bit i686-icc and MacOSX-i686-g++ it just hangs when run with charmrun.
Thanks for your time,

Floris