Re: 2.7b metadynamics ::alpha module :: folding of a single helix in water

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 10:53:48 CDT

Hi Ali, the grid resolution is set by the "width" of a1: use that, and
only that, to change the resolution of the PMF.

hillWidth, instead, is only a smoothing parameter because it is
multiplied to the number above as the documentation says, and should
never be set smaller than 1. If you set it to 0.02, all of the hills
become 0.02*0.04 = 0.0008 wide: way too narrow to have an effect.

Giacomo

---- ----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com