Periodic Forcing Functions

From: Rick Calloway (rick_at_cnainc.net)
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 16:50:42 CDT

Hi NAMD community,

I would like to inject periodic pressure waves into the simulation
environment during a run (i.e. sound waves). I have examined the TCL
Boundry forces options in the users guide as well as the External Program
Forces feature and it looks like I might be able to do it either of 2 ways.

1. Using TCL Bondary Forces to vibrate an entire X Y or Z boundry or
2. Create a small plate of Silicon Nitride crystal and write an external
program to calculate periodic forces to apply to that like a speaker driver?

Has anyone ever injected low frequency vibrations into a simulation?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Rick Calloway
Candidate for Ph.D.
University of Central Florida Institute for Simulation and Training