Re: DCOLVARS_DEBUG

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 17:14:49 CDT

Yup, you're right: thanks again for taking the time to test that
configuration! We really haven't, because the value of the "distance"
variable is insensitive to rotations, and using rotateReference won't
change your results.

But the code still should allow you to go through your configuration,
because there was nothing wrong with it.

The fix should be relatively easy without CVS, though: can you replace
line 216 in colvaratoms.C with the following two lines?
atom_group *ag = ref_pos_group ? ref_pos_group : this;
if (ref_pos.size() != ag->size()) {

This is for the parsing routine only, the rest of the source file is already ok.

While you're at it, you may also want to remove line 264 (the
select_closest_image() call) which shouldn't be there (it may rise a
bug under very specific circumstances). We've already taken care of
it, but the fix is not yet in the CVS tree, so it's better to get it
out of your way.

Giacomo

---- ----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com