Re: dummy atom mass changed

From: Chris Harrison (char_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 15:33:57 CDT

Ly,

With 0 charge, 0 mass, and 0 radius the dummy particle is effectively the
same as no atom .... which is of course the desired effect usually.
Assuming you're not doing something unusual, then you don't need the dummy
particle. You should be able to just make the Na disappear.

The FEP tutorial may be of help in setting up calculations. This tutorial
is for NAMD 2.6 but the system setup process should be the same as
NAMD2.7b1.

NAMD2.6 FEP tutorial:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/tutorial/fep/AlchemicalFEP-Mar2008.pdf

Required files for tutorial:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/tutorial/fep/AlchemicalFEP-Mar2008.zip

C.

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 217-244-1733