Re: PCA Analysis of CGMD

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 11:20:39 CDT

Hi, I have previously observed seg faults in the Gromacs analysis
tools when you provide them an index file whose indices refer to the
complete "topology" (i.e. the file provided with -s) but you're
feeding them a trajectory with a subset of atoms.

You should first make sure that the "topology" (-s file) has the same
number of atoms of the trajectory (-f file), and also that the numbers
in the index file range accordingly from 1 to 45 in this case (and NOT
from 1 to the size of the original complete system). If you generated
the index file on a pdb of the complete system, you need to repeat the
process on the reduced system.

Giacomo

---- -----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com