Re: smd direction

From: Eric H. Lee (ericlee_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 11:39:17 CDT

The force *is* being applied in that direction (-1,0,0). However,
since you are compressing your protein, there are other forces at play
here. Those forces, combined with your SMD force, may perturb the
position of your SMD atom along the vector you specify. You may wish
to apply harmonic constraints along the Y and Z axes to restrict the
position of your SMD atom along the X-axis - however this constraint
will limit the degrees of freedom your polymer can sample and produce
a compression which records artificially high forces beyond those
produced by the SMD force.

-Eric