Re: Autopsf error with a modified top file

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 23:19:22 CST

Hi Vlad,
psfgen must have residue names in order to build a psf; otherwise, how
is it supposed to know what residue a given collection of atoms is
supposed to be? You should be ok without the other fields, so long as
autopsf split the chains properly. You will need to be exceedingly
careful to keep your columns aligned properly as you add in the residue
name; please be sure to consult the pdb file format reference available
from rcsb.org.

Best,
Peter