Re: Correlation matrix of the Ca atoms

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 23:56:04 CST

Hi Chandan,

Documentation for g_covar and g_anaeig can be found here:
http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference/online/g_covar.html
http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference/online/g_anaeig.html

and there is a little tutorial here:
http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/groups/de_groot/compbio/p4/index.html

You just have to follow the installation directions that come with
gromacs like you would any sort of compiled software.

As far as preparing a trr from a dcd file, you would use catdcd:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/catdcd/

where you would create an index file in vmd of just the CA atoms, or
you could extract them from the correlation matrix afterward.

If this seems too complicated to do what you want, I would just write
a tcl script in VMD since you can align molecules to a reference and
extract positions from trajectories. See the VMD tcl documentation and
tutorials for examples.

Good luck.
Josh