Re: Problems deciphering fepout

From: Dan Willenbring (dan_at_omitted.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 08:58:14 CST

Christopher,

An FEP calculation will only converge properly if the difference
between two states is small enough. This is why it is broken up into
many smaller windows. For an entire protein, you might try more
steps and/or smaller windows.

For the tutorial, I believe the plots are of the lambda value at the
end of each lambda window versus net change (in your example, you
would plot 0.5, -62.38..). You don't have it in your log file, but
you could add lambda 0.0, net change 0.0 when you make the plot.

Dan