Membrane potential

From: Lea Vinther Thøgersen (lea_at_birc.au.dk)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 05:00:54 CDT

Hi,

I would like to include the description of a membrane potential in my simulations. I expect I should do that by including the
eFieldOn yes
option in my configure file and a vector:
eField x y z

Can anyone point me to which values of z would be relevant to simulate a physiological membrane potential? I have the bilayer normal in the z direction and would therefore set x and y to zero. Since the unit is kcal/(mol Å e) I guess the value actually depends on the thickness of the membrane?

/Lea