Re: Regarding REMD

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 09:56:22 CDT

As with a normal serial run of namd, you can change the number of
processors used for a run by changing the +p1 in the namd spawn command
to some other value. However, I'd note that
trying to run more namd jobs on a given machine than there are
processors is going to be an exercise in futility because the
performance will be quite bad, and you may also run the machine out of
memory. You will probably reach the point for nontrivial systems where
you want to run across multiple machines.