NAMD compilation on linux cluster

From: sudipta sinha (sudipta.mml_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 10:55:36 CDT

Hi All,

         I want to compile NAMD_2.6_Source on our Linux cluster. I have
also downloaded the fftw and tcl libraries for installing the NAMD. Our
cluster is dual core dual cpu with intel xeon 64 bit processor and the
interconnections were done by 4X DDR voltaire switch. The Operating System
is RHEL4 and the MPI libraries are coming from mvapich2. I have successfully
build the charm++. Then I have set the path of charm in Make.charm, and also
the fftw and tcl path also set in arch/Linux-i686-fftw.tcl ,
arch/Linux-i686-fftw.fftw. Then I had configured with fftw, tcl and
Linux-i686-g++ . The Linux-i686-g++ directory successfully created but
after type the make command in this directory it gives the following error
message

ERROR:
src/common.C:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction
set
src/common.C:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction
set
make: *** [obj/common.o] Error 1

How i solve this architecture dependent error. There is no x86-64 supported
architecture file in the arch directory. if anybody aware about this
problem, let me know.

Another thing, Is it possible to compile NAMD by mvapich2 insted of charm++.
If so, how I will do that?. I need your help.

thanks
sudipta